Meet the CyberKnife
Your First Choice For A Second Opinion.
CyberKnife is an advanced technology that delivers a specialized form of radiation therapy called stereotactic radiosurgery, or stereotactic body radiation therapy. It is comprised of a compact linear accelerator, a machine that generates a radiation beam, attached to a highly maneuverable robotic arm.
The CyberKnife features a device that controls the width of the radiation beams the machine delivers during treatment, allowing our clinical experts to vary the beam size and treat a larger variety of tumors throughout the body.
During CyberKnife procedures, patients will lie on a treatment table while the machine’s robotic arm moves around their body delivering high doses of radiation directly to their tumor with pinpoint precision. The cumulative dose of radiation delivered by the CyberKnife kills tumor cells while minimizing exposure to surrounding healthy tissue.
Most treatment sessions typically last 30 – 90 minutes depending on the size, shape and location of your tumor.
Key advantages of CyberKnife:
- Noninvasive, no incisions
- No anesthesia or hospitalization required
- Five or fewer outpatient treatment sessions
- Little to no recovery time
- Allows for an immediate return to daily activities
- Minimal, if any, side effects due to pinpoint precision of high-dose radiation delivery
- Minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding a tumor
CyberKnife may be an option for patients with:
- Medically inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or those who seek an alternative to surgery or conventional radiation therapy.
- Recurrent cancer or metastatic tumors that have spread to other areas of the body from the main tumor site.
- A high risk of developing complications after surgery.
Speak with one of our dedicated team members about how we can help today.